Thursday, July 26, 2012

Southern Thursday: Calling Cards




Call me old-fashioned, but I still love calling cards! A calling card, or visiting card, is "a card used socially to signify a visit made to a house if the occupant is absent." Calling cards were the precursor to the business cards we use today. What I like about calling cards is that they are social, and not business-related... a Southern Hostess always has her personal (not business) information on her calling cards.

On my last set of calling cards from four years ago (below), I also included my address. I loved these cards at the time, but I wish I had something more classic now.  Oh, and letterpress - I love letterpress cards! Calling cards are becoming more popular nowadays with moms - it's very easy to exchange info at the playground or park if you have a calling card. Who wouldn't want her children to play with yours after you hand over a fabulous calling card?!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment