Monday, July 30, 2012

Party Supply Monday: Acacia Wood

Southern Hostesses love to collect dinnerware and serveware, and wood is a great option when starting a new collection. One of my favorite things about wood is that it is almost unbreakable if you drop it! The downside? I have to hand wash my pieces after I use them. They are easy to clean, though! I have the appetizer plates and platter above (from Crate and Barrel) and they are great for parties, especially outdoors when I don't want to use my McCarty Pottery pieces. The look is organic and asymmetrical, and works fantastic for wine and cheese on wine night.  Word to the wise... don't let your guests use knives on the plates because they will get scratched! Acacia wood pieces are beautiful and can be mixed with glass, pottery, or porcelain on the dinner table - love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment