Thursday, July 19, 2012

Southern Thursday: Abe's Bar-B-Q


Abe's Bar-B-Q in Clarksdale, Missississippi is an institution in the South. I went there a couple of weeks ago on the way to McCarty Pottery in Merigold with my boyfriend Scott. That's our deal - I get to go to McCarty and he gets to go to Abe's. What he doesn't know (until now) is that I love Abe's as much as he does, so it's a win-win for me! I didn't get a pic of our pork sandwich and cheeseburger because we ate them too fast, so here is Scott's chili cheeseburger... yes, I had a bite and it was incredible (and I don't even like chili cheeseburgers!) We eat a big lunch when we're there since it's not often enough that we get to go, so we usually order and then order again. Before you leave these sacred Southern grounds at the Crossroads (where Hwy 49 meets Hwy 61), make sure you get a quart of Abe's sauce to go - it's one of my favorites!


Scott made sure to get a quart of sauce to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment